Nebraska Truck Center, Inc. is a family-owned company that has proudly served our local communities for over 48 years. At Nebraska Truck Center, we recognize that we would not be or who we are today, without our key asset. . . our employees. We take great pride in the accomplishments and contributions of each employee.
We believe that employees want to contribute and feel a sense of ownership in their work. Our continued success will depend solely on having the best people in our company. If your career goals include making a valuable contribution and being part of something great while working with like minded people, then we might be just the place for you.
Nebraska Truck Center is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, detail oriented individual who can work in a team environment to fill the role as our Service Manager in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Service Manager – Grand Island
Click the apply today button to upload your resume.
Runs an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer sales, new business recruitment and retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records. Ensures that the daily inventory of technician’s time is consistently sold to service customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Please request a detailed job description for all duties.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department. Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory. Complies and participates with all manufacturers programs and other manufacturers requirements, i.e. Elite Support.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Creates an operating schedule that optimizes ROI, (return on investment), including facility, and personnel investment, ensuring optimum staffing and hours of operation to meet customer demands. Also creates an afterhours contact schedule to assist customers when closed. Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees. Monitors productivity and efficiency of staff. Works toward reducing time wasters and idle time of staff.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed. Ensures all technicians are kept up to date on all changes and updates in service procedures and required certifications, including new product offerings. Has system in place to provide accountability of technicians on repair procedures. Ensures service department has completed training requirements as set forth by OE manufactures we represent. Keeps detailed records of training by tech and by product to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Reviews and approves all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations. Reviews stories for accuracy and completeness to ensure full reimbursement for work performed. Insures all stories on retail RO’s are complete and that any deviation from normal practice due to a customer request is noted and typed into the RO in the computer to protect NTC from any possible future complaints. Make sure customer signatures are captured on deviations and also all other documents, including but not limited to; write up sheet, final NTC copy of invoice etc.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business. Also visits customers periodically to assist with issues or improve relations.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Implements work check system of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality. Work checks should be in documentation form and signed by individual who performed check and test drove the vehicle.
Possess good communication skills, be detailed-oriented, a team player and provide outstanding customer service. Must have a valid driver’s license with Commercial Driver’s License endorsement (Classification “B” minimum.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package making Nebraska Truck Center #1 on your list as your employer of choice!