- Job Type: Full Time
Location: North Platte, NE
Ensures that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work and bill at least 60% of your time.
- Assists technicians in developing their skills.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensures that all repairs are assigned to technicians in an equal and fair manner.
- Provides technical support for technicians when necessary.
- Ensures repairs are charged out correctly. Documents stories i.e. Complaint, Cause, Correction in detail on RO’s. Note any special circumstances needed to protect NTC from possible future complaints.
- Updates customers when required. Gets approval from customer before any additional repairs beyond those shown on write up are performed. Documents name and time on the RO of who approved additional work. Always get customer signature on write up sheet approving work to be performed. If truck is brought in by other than customer. i.e. towed in, follow proper procedure as outlined by OE’s to verify approval by customer prior to starting work.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimize comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Road tests vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Adheres to all credit policies and procedures and collects for repairs for non-charge customers prior to releasing vehicle. Contacts credit department, even at night, if issues arise with a charge customer, i.e. over credit limit. Do so discreetly.
- Leaves update notes nightly for next days shift.
- Handles all customer complaints appropriately, informing other managers as appropriate.
- Monitors shop condition, including cleanliness, safety, and the condition of shop equipment. Reports problems to the service manager or dealer.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Ensures building is locked and secured with alarm set and checks the premises both inside and out prior to leaving.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Attends manager’s meetings as requested.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Assists Service Manager with night shift technician’s performance reviews.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
Directly supervises 3 to 6 employees in the Service Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include; planning, assigning, directing, overseeing, and reviewing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure manuals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Brakes Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Diesel Engines Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Drive Train Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Suspension and Steering Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Manufacturer Training
- Valid Driver’s License/Minimum Class B CDL to test drive completed vehicles
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.